Systagenix Announces Formation of New Global Medical Advisory Board
Systagenix announces formation of new global medical advisory board
Systagenix Wound Management has announced the formation of a new global Medical Advisory Board, consisting of a group of multi-disciplinary and highly respected wound care clinicians and practitioners from North America and Europe, which will be led by Systagenix’s newly appointed Medical Director, Dr Robert Snyder.
Representing major specialist organisations and thought leaders in the wound care field, the Systagenix Medical Advisory Board will meet at specific intervals to provide feedback, input and guidance on company clinical and commercial strategies and their implementation. The group represents a broad section of the wound care clinical community with multi-disciplinary backgrounds, including academic and health economic experts, practicing surgeons, and nurse specialists. As well as advising Systagenix regarding their existing portfolio, they will focus on new and emerging technologies as well as future clinical trends within wound care. They will also advise on other critical issues, such as health economics and reimbursement in order to help Systagenix meet the changing needs of the global wound care market.
In addition to clinical and new product development, working with Dr Snyder, the Systagenix Medical Advisory Board will also focus on education, including new pathways to help reach and communicate with fellow healthcare professionals on the best and most up-to-date wound care practices. .
Systagenix was formed by a management buyout of the Johnson & Johnson Professional Wound Care business which had a 75 year heritage. Systagenix has very clear objectives to become the world’s strongest and most admired wound care company. The new Medical Advisory Board is designed to help the company meet those objectives by better understanding the needs of the clinician and their patients.
Systagenix’s CEO, Steve Atkinson comments: “Education, innovation and forward thinking are crucial in the constantly changing and evolving wound care field. We are delighted to welcome such a prestigious panel of experts under the renowned guidance of Dr Snyder, all of whom will help us define and refine our thinking for future clinical, educational and technological developments.”
Dr Snyder adds: “With such a varied and experienced panel of experts, we are bound to create new and exciting opportunities to forge ahead with innovation which is specifically aimed at meeting clinician and patient needs around the world. I am delighted that the Systagenix Medical Advisory Board has been formed and I look forward to working with the group as we seek to pioneer new ideas and techniques in wound care across a number of key areas”.
Members of the Systagenix Clinical Advisory Board are:
- Chair: Dr. Robert Snyder, DPM, CWS: Medical Director, Systagenix; Diplomat, American Board of Podiatric Surgery; Fellow, American College of Food & Ankle Surgery; Certified Wound Specialist; Medical Director, Wound Healing Centre, University Hospital, Tamarac, Florida; Clinical Professor (Adjunct), Temple University College of Podiatric Medicine; Diplomat, American Academy of Wound Management; serves on the board of directors, Association for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Professor David G. Armstrong, DPM, PhD: Professor of Surgery (with Tenure), University of Arizona; co-founded the Southern Arizona Limb Salvage Alliance; founder and co-chair of the International Diabetic Food Conference
- Professor Dr. Med. Matthias Augustin: Professor for Health Economics & QoL Research Group, Department of Dermatology, University Clinics of Hamburg, Germany
- Mona M. Baharestani, PhD, ANP, CWOCN, CWS: Associate Professor & Secretary for the Advancement of Wound Care, Center for Nursing Research, East Tennessee State University, USA; Faculty Professor, Oxford University Wound Healing Summer School, UK
- Laura Bolton, PhD: Adjunct Associate Professor of the Department of Surgery, Bioengineering Section, New Jersey, USA; member of Editorial Boards of Wound Repair and Regeneration, Ostomy/Wound Management, Advances in Skin & Wound Care & WOUNDS publications; co-chairs the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care Guideline Department
- Pr. Frank Duteille, MD: Head of Department of Plastic Reconstructive and Esthetic Surgery, University Hospital, Nantes, France
- Dieter Mayer, MD: Vascular Surgeon, MD, EBSQ-VASC, FAPWCA; Senior Consultant of Vascular Surgery & Head of Wound Care, Zurich University Hospital, Switzerland
- Zena Moore, PhD, MSc, FFNMRCSI, PG Dip, RGN: Lecturer in Wound Healing & Tissue Repair & Research Methodology, Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland; Current President of European Wound Management Association and chair of the education committee
- Prof. Marco Romanelli, MD, PhD: Consultant Dermatologist, Department of Dermatology, University of Pisa, Italy; Director Wound Healing Research Unit, University of Pisa; leads a research group actively involved in clinical, laboratory and educational activities
- Dr Thomas E. Serena, MD, FACS, FACHM, FAPWCA: Founder & Medical Director of Pennsylvania North Centers for Advanced Wound Care, USA; founder of the NewBridge Medical Research Corporation and emeritus member of the Board of Director of the Wound Healing Society
- Prof. Gary Sibbald, BSc, MD, FRCPC (Med)(Derm), ABIM, DABD, Med, FAPWCA: Professor of Public Health Sciences and Medicine, University of Toronto; Director of medical education for Women’s College Hospital and Chair of the faculty of Medical Education Committee; Board member and President of the Canadian Association of Continuing Health Education, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dot Weir, RN, CWON, CWS: Director of Wound Care for Osceola Regional Medical Center, Florida, USA; held posts of Treasurer & President of Association for Advancement of Wound Care
- Thomas Wild, MD: Department of Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria; President Elect of Austrian Wound Association